Title: Support Worker
Contract Type: Part Time, Permanent
Salary: £19,990 per annum (including market supplement) Salary depends on hours
Location: Cornell Court, Saffron Walden, Essex
L&Q Living is the care and support subsidiary of L&Q, one of the UK's largest housing associations. We currently house more than 6500 vulnerable residents across London and Essex.
We are currently seeking highly motivated Support workers to join our dedicated care and support team in Saffron Walden. This is a brand-new scheme providing independent living for people aged 55 and over.
You will be motivated to working with Older People, promoting independent living by:
· Providing person-centered care
· Working with individuals to achieve their personal goals
· Promoting independence and choices
· Engaging individuals in activities and community participation.
What we'd like from you:
· Good written and verbal communication
· To have a good level of numeracy to assist service users to manage their finances.
· The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
· To understand and adhere to safeguarding principles.
· To be honest, reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work shifts that include weekends and public holidays
· To participate in staff meetings, training and other learning development opportunities
Do I need experience?
Quite simply, no! Our outstanding training, development and support means that we don't need you to have experience. What we do ask for is that you have a genuine passion for providing high quality care and support.
In addition to this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
* 21 days Annual leave
* Excellent Pension and life assurance scheme
* Advantage Discount Scheme
* Health and Wellbeing scheme
* Excellent training and development function
If you're passionate about making a difference, then we would love for you to apply online today!
Please only apply if you live within the postcode of CB11 3HY or willing to travel.
To view the location of the scheme please click on the following link
Role Profile - Cornell Court.pdf
For this post the successful candidate will need to apply for or be in possession of a Enhance Disclosure Barring Service certificate (DBS) to enable them to work within the team. For further information about the Disclosure Barring Service please visit www.homeoffice.gov.uk