Payment Terminal Application Developer
Maidstone - Opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week
This role is for a payment terminal application developer with experience working on an Android-based payment terminal platform, working within the terminal/mobile payment application development team with a focus on the development and improvement of existing and new applications. The role will be responsible for terminal application development; working closely with other multi-disciplined developers in the team to complete analysis, feasibility, application design and implementation of requirements from both internal and external customers to deliver applications residing on Android payment devices.
There is good scope for promotion and development. This role has become available due to a mixture of expansion and promotion. There are also good opportunities for upskilling with training offered. Our client prides itself on using the latest cutting-edge technologies.
Benefits with the role Payment Terminal Application Developer include the following:
· Opportunity to work from home 2 days per week if desired
· Pension (2.5% employee, 2.5% employer increasing by 0.5% each year of service)
· BUPA healthcare
· BUPA cash plan (cash-back for items like dental and glasses)
· Death in service
· Income protection
· Car parking loans
· Travel loans
· Enhanced maternity and paternity
· 25 days holiday
· Pizza payday
· Payday drinks
Responsibilities of Payment Terminal Application Developer:
· Analysing business requirements and user stories to design and implement new features
· Writing quality code and unit tests in line with coding standards to satisfy business requirements
· Identifying deficiencies within the existing solution providing clear recommendations for resolution
· Act on reported problems raised by production teams as they arise in a timely manner
· Create, maintain and execute unit tests against new and existing code
· Isolate software problems and produce clear and detailed analysis to fix the associated problems as they arise
· Verify implementation of work items against defined acceptance criteria in user stories
· Participate in planning, reviews, retrospectives and estimations
· Provide recommendations for solution improvements for new and existing applications
· Embracing new technologies and techniques as they emerge
· Develop expert knowledge in our payment applications
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience of Payment Terminal Application Developer
· Minimum 5 years of experience developing payment terminal applications
· Experience working on Android platforms
· A test-first development mentality with knowledge of unit, UI testing, and testing pyramids
· Demonstrable understanding of S.O.L.I.D. principles and Object-Oriented design patterns
· Knowledge of architecture patterns such as clean, microservices, etc.
· Knowledge of UI design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc.
· Able to provide examples of clean, self-documenting, readable code
· Version Control using GIT.
· Experience in the payment card industry, working with EMV and Contactless payment terminals
· Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Knowledge of secure coding patterns and practises
· Experience working with applications that support multiple versions of Android based OSs
· Experience in embedded application development
· Practical experience using Azure DevOps or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
· Understanding of TDD practices
· Experience of Kotlin programming languages
· Knowledge of C/C++ programming language.
Skills & Values
· Excellent analytical abilities with keen attention to detail
· Proactive mindset
· Highly organised
· Strong collaboration/team player
· Eager to take on new challenges
· Willingness to step outside of comfort zones
· Good accessibility practises
· Ability to communicate will all levels of the organisation
· Logically minded
Apply for the role of Payment Terminal Application Developer!