New Trainee Technical Engineer role at one of Europe's largest manufacturers. Based in Aylesford £22000-£23000
To be successful within the team, you will need to have a will-do attitude, be a good team player with positive mentality and have excellent inter-personal skills. You will be required to interact with colleagues from all areas of the business and at all levels and you will be part of a fast paced, dedicated service team. You will be a positive contributor to the departmental goals and thrive on teamwork and achieving targets collaboratively with your colleagues. You will be motivated by the success of the team, the business and yourself as an individual and be able to demonstrate ideas and opportunities for improvements throughout your employment.
You will be hungry to achieve high standards of service to your colleagues and customers and will always commit your best on a day to day basis. You should have the ability to learn and adapt on your feet and be prepared to be mentored and coached whilst performing tasks. The role is a technical design role utilising AutoCAD and REVIT to progress customer designs and estimations.
The role requires the ability to interact with customers and colleagues by a range of methods, telephone, MS Teams, MS Outlook, Skype and face to face. The team field a variety of technical queries for the business and upon gaining experience of the product portfolio and design methodology, you will be part of the frontline service supporting our sales team and customers throughout their project design cycles to order.
The ideal candidates will have the following personality traits, knowledge, skills and competencies:
* Excellent communicator in all aspects of customer service with strong communication skills to enable effective communication within the team, and internal/external customers, in person and over the telephone
* Experienced user of Autodesk platforms - ideally REVIT and AutoCAD
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office - (MS Excel a distinct advantage)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
* Effective team working skills - a team player Desirable
* Degree qualified Building Services / Construction / Engineering principle
* Experience of the design and installation of water supply systems
* An understanding of British / European standards and their impact on building design
Training shall be provided on all product ranges and their respective design and installation processes.