2nd Line IT Engineer - Maidstone - £25-30,000
A 2nd Line IT Engineer is currently required by a leading business solutions provider to facilitate company growth and provide technical support to a UK wide user base.
This is a stand-alone position and you will be providing 1st and 2nd line support to an internal user base of 50+ as well as remote support to multiple sites across the UK. This role will also involve working alongside the IT Director on delivering project work.
This is a Windows based environment with exposure to MACs and you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Microsoft Servers, Desktop Operating Systems, Hardware, and also general maintenance of hardware/software.
Key Requirements: -
* Escalating IT issues to the IT Director as and when necessary
* Managing backups and tape rotation
* Diagnosing and resolving technical issues in a timely manner
* Undertaking small to medium sized technical projects
* Desktop/Server support
* Setting up and configuring new servers, laptops, and desktops
* Installing authorised software to servers, laptops, and desktops
* Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to servers, laptops, and desktops
* Antivirus installation and updates
* Fault finding
* Reporting faults and maintaining logs
* Completing internal user moves including phones
* Network patching
* Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
* Exchange 365 mailbox maintenance
* Setting up new users and disabling expired account in accordance with HR requirements
* MAC Support
You should apply if you have the below: -
* 3+ years of Technical support experience in a 1st/2nd line environment
* Experience with Windows 10 Desktop, Windows Server 2012+, Server Management and Deployment, Familiarity of firewalls (ideally WatchGuard)
If you're interested in this position, please click 'APPLY' with a recent copy of your CV and the consultant looking after this opportunity will be in contact to discuss in further detail.