A major Financial Services company are looking for an experienced Business Manager to join their team.
The GBS department is critical to the success of the company. We provide leading technology solutions for our clients and also for our internal processes; our Operations teams provide middle and back office functions and support our client facing business channels and investment platforms. A key element of the GBS department is the management of Risk and Cybersecurity.
Purpose of your role
You will provide support to the Head of Global Cybersecurity and the wider GBS Risk team, supporting them in the day to day running of the function, in particular in the timely and accurate preparation of reporting and presentations. Working as part of the wider Business Management team, you will ensure best practice is adopted to produce content of a high quality; and connect the cybersecurity and Risk team with the wider GBS department as required.
* Reporting and analytics - collate key data, prepare and produce high quality reporting, presentations and analytics as required by the department, for use at board and senior management sessions.
* Financial Management - providing insight and support in the financial management of the department, working closely with partners in Business Finance and Business Management; providing transparency to costs and measuring the benefits of investments.
* Marketing & Communications - Positioning the value and role of the department within the enterprise and ensuring effective communication of the department strategy to key stakeholders.
* Workforce Management - support the team in determining the appropriate staffing levels for the department.
Your Key Accountabilities
* Provide input and support to the development of activities and initiatives that cut across the department, including for example R&R programmes, save and efficiency initiatives, and other ad hoc projects as required.
* Keeping abreast of industry trends and identifying and applying relevant industry best practice.
* Provide management information and reporting to comply with all internal reporting requirements and external reporting requirements as needed.
* Provide oversight of the departmental budget.
* Use the various reporting tools available to analyse data and be a key player in driving cost efficiency across the department.
* As a key member of the wider Business Management team, support organisation wide initiatives across the GBS department.
Your skills and Experience
* The successful candidate will have gained several years’ experience in a similar role supporting a Technology, Risk or Operations function. The individual may have a background in finance or IT business management.
* Experience of project management, especially in the implementation of systems and processes, is useful.
* A good understanding of the financial workings of an organisation.
* Proven influencing skills with the gravitas to influence stakeholders at all levels, and in particular the senior Management Team.
* Excellent planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills.
* Ability to influence when operating in a matrix environment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong analytical skills.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield